Taylor Morrison CEO Sheryl Palmer Recognized With 2021 Hearthstone BUILDER Humanitarian Award
"For me, our work has always been about more than building homes—being able to positively impact our communities is what genuinely matters," said
For the past 13 years, Palmer has been the only woman to lead a publicly-traded homebuilder. Under her leadership, she has grown Taylor Morrison to becoming the nation's fifth largest homebuilder and helped the company earn accolades including America's Most Trusted Home Builder® by
The Hearthstone BUILDER Humanitarian Award is presented annually to homebuilders who have shown a lifetime commitment to bettering their communities. Since the inception of the prestigious award 20 years ago,
Palmer's passion to serve others and make an impact in Taylor Morrison's communities across the country is engrained within the homebuilder's philosophy. Taylor Morrison team members and Palmer actively participate in community service projects and donate time, resources and money to a range of causes, including:
- HomeAid America—As Chairman of HomeAid America for two years, Palmer helped Taylor Morrison deepen its commitment to combatting homelessness in 12 chapters nationwide. Taylor Morrison divisions built and refurbished housing options for local homeless residents and the homebuilder and Palmer have donated more than
$225,000to the nonprofit.
- Build Joy—Each holiday season, this internal give-back program inspires employees to 'Build Joy' in their local communities on behalf of Taylor Morrison. Armed with
$1,000team members lead their own personal philanthropic endeavors, from assembling care packages for the homeless, to building desks for students, to creating a 'dream bedroom' for a child with terminal illness.
- Building Talent Foundation (BTF)—Palmer serves as chairman of BTF, an organization working to address the severe shortage across the trade labor industry and improve the talent pipeline to ensure there is skilled labor to continue building homes for generations to come.
- National Wildlife Federation—Through an exclusive partnership, Taylor Morrison and the
National Wildlife Federationare engaging staff, residents and the public in accessible and effective wildlife habitat stewardship and conservation in communities across the nation.
- Taylor Morrison (TM) Care Fund—Established after Hurricanes Harvey and Irma in 2017,
TM Care Fundis a bank of funds team members can donate to and receive funds from during trying times such as natural disasters, serious illness and other catastrophic circumstances. Habitat Sarasota'sVeteran Build Program—As the lead sponsor for this program, Taylor Morrison has helped veterans in Sarasotahave a clean, safe and affordable place to call home. Since 2017, Taylor Morrison has donated more than $30,000.
Throughout her career, Palmer has gained more than 30 years of cross-functional building experience, including leadership in land acquisition, sales and marketing, development, and operations management. Beyond homebuilding, Palmer's passions extend to leadership and diversity, supporting veterans, solving for homelessness, and health and wellness.
Sheryl will be presented the award at BUILDER 100 from Sept. 8–10, 2021 at the Ritz Carlton,
About Taylor Morrison
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/taylor-morrison-ceo-sheryl-palmer-recognized-with-2021-hearthstone-builder-humanitarian-award-301285414.html
SOURCE Taylor Morrison